Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Back to Guahan

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be out of "this country" for the next few weeks visiting a few of its colonial possessions, Guam and Hawai'i for the break.

Me and Angie and Madel swear however that when school starts up next quarter we will continue making podcasts, at least until me and Madel return to our islands to not finish our dissertations. We wish to thank all seven of you dedicated listeners and also the twenty two or so casual and ocassional listeners, and it is because of your prayers for more coherent and directed conversations and our emotional/intellectual well being, that we will continue to be making podcasts into the next year.

I'm feeling a little pikaru today because I'll be back home soon, and my life is changing much faster than I can blog about. Soon I'll be able to put it out for everyone to read about, gasp at and chuckle about, but for now, I'll let the words and music of i che'lu-hu Si Erica Nalani Benton stand in for me. Click on the link below to check out a video of her performing the beautiful song she wrote titled "Back to Guahan." I'm sorry but I still haven't figured out how to effectively embed Youtube videos, so I'll just leave the link for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFujbFIvzA

She performed the song last month at the Famoksaiyan event we had in Berkeley, which by the way was a great success, with close to a hundred people attending our three hour presentation about the recent trip Famoksaiyan members made to the UN, as well as musical and historical presentation about Chamorros. Right now, we're planning on having a similar event when a few of us are on Guam over the break.

Bula na cho'cho', kao nahong i tiempo? Kao nahong i minetgot gi i korason-hu?

Hekkua' lao bai hu usuni mo'na.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home