Monday, January 15, 2007

Biba Nuebu na Sakkan

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone, and that I'm back in the states. Both Angie and me are eager to start the podcasts again. I haven't heard from Madel though, which means she probably snuck off to Palau during the break and then decided not to come back. Lucky...

We've got plenty to talk about for the podcasts though, most importantly, decolonization.

While I was on Guam for the break, me and several others organized a forum on political status titled Decolonizing Our Lives. We had more than 200 people attend, from all over Guam, hoben, amko', gefsaga' popble, malate', brodie.

Since I've been back in the states the conversation has continued about the politics of decolonization, albeit with a wider scope now, involving Latin American communities and Native Americans. For the Crossing Borders Conference that our department is organizing this year, Ghosts, Monsters and The Dead, it looks like we'll have at least one panel focusing on decolonial studies and philosophies.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think it is going to be an important focus of the conference and that thrills me. I think it is going to take two panels at least and I'd love to have a follow-up round table type conversation for people who followed the presentations or want to catch up because they were presenting while the panels were happening.

I also think it is really cool that our conversations here helped contribute to this increased interest. It's working Miget!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home