A podcast and blog by three Ethnic Studies graduate students at UCSD.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
List of Podcasts
For those of you lamenting our absence over the summer, or for those of you who at least noticed that we were gone, I'm pasting below links to all of our podcasts over the past year. We did 17 total, which is pretty good considering how many classes, proposals and thesises the three of us had to complete.
The summer's almost over and so I'm sure we'll be back soon.
17. A Visit From Long: Defining Indigeneity
Special Guest: Long Bui
16. Ethnic Studies and Sovereignty: The Difficulties in Critiquing a Settler Society
12. A Visit To Hogwarts: Group Guest Lecture at a Social Movements Class Special Guest: Roberto Alvarez
10. Lost Podcast: Decolonization and Decoloniality Special Guest: Jose Fuste
8. Onward Indigenous Soldiers: Let's Talk About Religion, Ba-by
6. Sound of Indigeneity: Songs From Our Lives
5. East of Indigenous: Special People in Our Lives
4. Indigenous Jane: Our Work
3. The Indigenous of the Ring: Why We're Here (in Ethnic Studies)
2. Second Podcast: Describing Indigeneity
1. First Podcast: Madel's Kitchen Table
Saturday, August 18, 2007
The website Antiwar.com is having some financial difficulties and so they're looking for donations to keep them going for another quarter.
If you've got some extra money in your bank account head over to their donation page at, http://antiwar.com/donate
Last year, they featured an article on Guam by Aaron Glantz titled "Natives of Guam Decry US Military Expansion," which had a quote from me and other members of Famoksaiyan.